Booking from Tennessee to North Carolina
Saturday 10 /16 /2021 -Good morning! I am writing about yesterday, which was Friday the 15th.
I started the day at Kelly's Diner which was right next to a Filipino store, a head shop, a Guatemalan grocery store and a couple other diverse businesses. It happened to be in the not so affluent District, where it appeared to be mandatory to have no more than 1-5 teeth. I only mention this because as I sat in the diner trauma I had to watch people with no teeth try to gum their food, and when they close their mouths their lips like sucked in like a cuttlefish and they made different contortions with them. Just causes their whole face to look like a wind tunnel going backwards. But I skip ahead of myself, I was greeted at my camper in the parking lot but one such man, who ask me 35 questions about my camper, implying that he might buy one. He had torn clothing and a jumbo size suit coat on oh, and a big smile.
Actually, that wasn't the first thing I did that day. The first thing I did was get up and look for a diner at about 7 a.m. with Dubai and my camper on the back. I needed to head from Knoxville, Tennessee, to Cherokee, North Carolina. There was a rising Mist all over the land. And when I passed this Cemetery oh, well you know what happened; we drove in there and took pictures for an hour, and Dubai romp in the graveyard and stopped to smell a lot. I was sure she could smell "things."
I don't know if I told you, but the day before, when we were at some excuse for a park near the river, I broke my finger– the left pinky trying to pose and do a selfie with Dubai and I on a pile of rocks by the river. It was interesting; I could feel the top segment of my finger go back and then forward again, dis- locating and then relocating. Oh, so I didn't have to flip it back into joint. On the way back to the car I had to step over a used tampon. Tennessee. Oh, the fond memories. Today, it's swollen and red and puffy but it only hurts when I try to touch my little pinky on my palm.
The afternoon was comprised of us driving through Countryside on small Backroads, meeting a chainsaw artist, finding a campground right in Cherokee, going out for a Fish Fry at an upscale restaurant where I got to drink native brews- yes, IPA, and then finding a beer store when I finished so I can get a six-pack to take home. Dubai cause so much attention because of her delightful to me nor, that I made friends to the left of me and the right in the restaurant. People were getting out of their seats to pet her!) CHEROKEE County is dry so I had to drive a couple miles outside of town, but that last beer sure accompanied my campfire beautifully.
I don't know what's going on, but I am having some trouble attaching photos. So I'm going to publish this and then try to attach photos on the next post. Because I'm doing this on my phone, I am doing voice to text so please excuse any errors or funny changes you might see!
Comments
Post a Comment