Creekside Campground in Northern Virginia
10/25- Edinburg, Virginia.
It all started yesterday– the preparing for today, that is. In the last 2 weeks I have had the worst luck with water soaking my clothes. But this time, when I did the laundry, I had to dry the bras somewhere. The old " hang your wet underwear out on the line for all the neighbors to see, isn't quite my gig.
Last night, no matter which way she laid her head, Dubai had a bra in her face. So we finally got out of that last campground, at about 8 a.m. and it only took us about an hour and a half to get to this one: Creekside Campground.
I'm not sure how we got it, but somehow we manage to acquire the" supersite" at this Campground, which came equipped with a raised patio half over the river, a picnic table on the patio, and a Rippling River right up 2 and under part of our patio. Unfortunately, we arrived at 9:30 or 10, instead of the check-in time which was one oh, so we had to go out and explore - which nobody was complaining about.
I stopped at a place called " good in a bowl,"
And I should have known when they wouldn't make two eggs over easy with hash browns and wheat toast buttered toast, that it was going to be a different kind of breakfast. Instead, it was scrambled eggs; big, thick,delicious toast and quinoa and tomatoes. Actually it was good, and Dubai got to eat with me at the table outside, but it wasn't " my regular."
Then, as if on autopilot, we started heading to thrift shops and antique Marts. I found several things for the family for Christmas and the car is getting so full of things I keep picking up along the way that I don't know where the dog is going to go on the way home.
She has been kind to every dog we have come across and all of our travels. That daily stent in the dog park back home really paid off.
So, did she kill some time this morning oh, besides the thrift shop and the breakfast in a ball joint, we drove down someone Lane dirt road with the camper yes and finally arrived at what is called the Five Bends State Park. Well after we drove like five miles down these one-lane roads , we arrived at a little booth telling us to leave $5 in the slot and a little parking lot where visitors are supposed to see a little path that takes off and you walk all around the five Shenandoah area.
So here are some pictures of those shenanigans:
A church or two there.
Breakfast at "The Bowl."
I found this huge- maybe 4 foot by 5 foot tapestry handmade in Senegal at one of the gift shops for only $4.99.
One Lane bridge.
Down the path @ Seven Bends St. PARK.
By the time we got about three city blocks down. Half, Dubai turned around and realized she couldn't see the car anymore so she started pulling me in the other direction. I didn't seem to mind this very much as that was about as much hiking as I felt like doing!
Now along the way, I keep thinking of questions you might be asking so now I'm going to be answering them. LOL.
1) What is the weather like? In the morning it is chilly well that's because I get up at 4 and then the sun rises, strangely enough, at 7 to 7:30 a.m. so you can have to sneak around the campground before then because it's pitch-black and nobody's up. Except Dubai and I. Anyway, then you want to wear a short-sleeve shirt and may be sure until about 2:30 and then if you're in the shade it gets Breezy and cool and so you put a long sleeve fuzzy thing on and in the evening well at least left without the heater on last night, and the windows open for half the night because it was so warm. It's warm just being in that little pod it's like tender 25 degrees warmer than outside because there's no circulation really unless you open them spent the fan on the ceiling or either of the two windows on either side. But, if I put a window open and a critter comes Round then Dubai starts going ballistic and her yapping mouth next the window closed. I only wore my winter coat once in North Carolina I think when we were in Cherokee all the way west and then I wear my light winter coats several evenings oh, but it was never uncomfortably cold.
2) Did U-Pack right?
Thanks to Jenni ( my sister) I packed perfectly; I brought everything I own! LOL - just kidding, I used it as an excuse to go shopping before I left so I went to every thrift store I could find and got turtleneck, like flannel shirts for camping, long underwear, couple of coats oh, some pants and underwater from T.J.Maxx.
3) Where is it most beautiful? So far, hands down, the most beautiful overlooks have been carved into the bluff so we can see the Panorama of mountains all along the way through North Carolina. Interesting lady, leave Overlook where you can pull your- like maybe 8 cars over to take pictures, appear every quarter mile to 1/2 mile in most places. Everyone is happy and friendly when they're taking pictures and is glad to take a picture of you if and you take a picture of them and people are there from all over the place – but especially Florida.
4) Did you ever feel unsafe? No. ( besides Dubai, I bought some wasp and hornet spray, which is supposed to be the best deterrent for hoodlums! I haven't had to use it yet. Like when I was a child camping every summer with my family, campers tend to be very kind-hearted and generous people who are glad to give you a hand if you need it and watch out for you. All along the way from the day I started practically, women I've come across, have marveled that I'm traveling alone. They always give me a "You go, girl!" Thumbs up kind of message. Most of them said they are envious. Good reason, too because especially- because I'm a photographer, nobody can tell me "you've been taking a picture of that grave for too long from too many different angles and we have other things to do, "or" what do you mean you want to face the whole day off photographs and sightings and going to diners and talking to people?" Or " that road says private, you can't go down there- hey!!" I kind of just like being restricted. Nobody in my family could ever tell you that- I'm sure- or my friends, or well, basically anyone who's ever met me. Except, well I do have one problem: it's really a mess inside that camper and I really need to get on somebody about that.
5) Is everything working pro. Except it's really a mess inside that camper and I really need to get on somebody about then erly on the camper? Yes
6) Have you tried using the propane stove yet? No- who are you kidding? You know I don't cook. I eat a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch everyday and have chicken dogs over the fire for dinner. Unless I decide to treat myself, and go out to dinner. I'm usually pretty good to myself!
If you've got any others, feel free to send them my way! So it's 3:24 p.m. and I just put on my camper boss lumberman shirt.
Comments
Post a Comment