Hello, Virginia

 October 23rd, 2021- I pulled into Campground 206, (yes, the actual name), after exploring some back roads here and there and making a stop in Lexington, Virginia, in about 11 a.m. their time. You probably know this, but when I left my previous Campground and Mayberry, at about 7 a.m., the GPS said it was only 67 miles or something.  But, because I was driving mountains, as I have been for the last 10 days, do 67 miles actually took two and a half hours! And, Lexington was no big stinking deal; I kept looking for the cobblestone streets, but the whole town had been turned into an upscale bourgeois town with not a view to speak of. 

      In and out in 20 min- because I repeatedly got lost, I took off down the highway again for Camp 206. When I walked up to the office withDubai, I found myself in the middle of a dog costume contest. Then when she finally got me checked in after the contest, I asked her where I could go there was to go around here) (because there wasn't really much to do in this Campground. As it was, she told me I didn't.    have a reservation, but I talked myself into one

     I inquired about views of mountains or Rivers, and the woman gave me some really bizarre directions involving like six different turns to get to the top of a nearby Mountain and photograph the valley. By some Stroke of Luck oh, I was able to find my way up to the top of the mountain and get on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a minute to get some great views. However, I cheated on the way and took some private back roads and got some really amazing shots of houses on the edge of the mountain looking outward over the valley.

      She also sent me in the other direction to find a river, but it wasn't there oh, so here I am back here blocking. 

     BY THE WAY, I added the second day of my visit with Edna and our trip in a Mayberry RFD squad car to the end of the last entry just now.

    Here are some of the pictures I captured this morning, thanks to the lady at the office. I haven't corrected the coloring or anything on them yet since I'm just trying to keep up with this blog-
















so they are the original photos

   





And here are a few photos from Lexington, Virginia.









This is the dog that won the costume contest at my Campground.

When I came back to my camp ground after exploring today the adults were parading through for a costume judging contest.  

     Tonight there is supposed to be a Haunted Trail walk in the woods and then a live band at my Campground.  

     I tried to start a fire but all I was getting was smoked. And then, out of the blue appeared a 15 year old self-proclaimed nerd who studies quantum physics and she wanted to fix my fire. She had an armload of firewood and she's put all kinds of small sticks and stuff under the big logs and the thing was a beautiful Mile High fire.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hitting the road....

Hooking up with the Husaks!