I met a man named Happy today!

    He was at the Exxon at the foot of the mountains where the road goes 55(mph)

and you're glad to be alive.

 In a rainbow-striped bathrobe and a funny hat on his head, 

he looked like he had just climbed out of bed.

 Except his van was painted in colors Galore,

 and was painted with sayings from top to the floor. 




    You need to have your picture taken! I said to him as I came from the bathroom. You know, he said I've been thinking that all morning and so he stood, gas pump in hand and smiled for me, even more so when I said "teeth."

    "It's just a joy to be alive," he said, Flatley as he smiled at me. "

   " I think I know that guy," he said when I showed him the picture. I asked him what his name was and told him mine. He said 

Blue mt. View for dinner 

Breakfast- if one more waitress in her twenties calls me sweetheart or honey oh, I'm going to smack them.where did this foul etiquette start? Who sanctioned it? It's wrong, I tell you! Ain't no middle-aged woman want to have some little Pipi half her age treat her like a baby. 




When I got off the skyway I was leaving Shenandoah national park period the past costs me 20 bucks for seven days dash or comma it's $80 for the year for retired hahaha.

Many of these millions of antique stores have spelled their names wrong it should have been "s h i t. " 

The skyline overlooks were like a 65 degree angle views of the most breathtaking display of nature that I have ever seen; I had to actually stop take it all in. I'm now tooling South on 211, headed to Gertie's Hideaway Campground near Asheville -- yes, I have to seriously hoof it today. 













  I'm headed uphill, embraced by the foliage waving red, yellow ,green and orange, twisting up the mountain slowly, but not winding into the whipping wind as it did while on the skyway. There, the Golden  leaves fluttered and circled about with each gust of Nature's breath.










     I'm not sure if these are the best pictures or not because I can't really see them on my phone when they pop up with 36 others.

    Still, the Sun waves through horizontal lines of clouds over the mountains that back in from behind the trees- they are always there, lurking, setting, enveloping me with stability. 

     I just breezed through New Market 








and am now on 81 South for a hundred and ninety-one stinking miles, headed to Mama Gertie's Hideaway Campground somewhere near Asheville, North Carolina. 

     The occasional mob of cows and about six dear, two fields of sheep , and more Hawks than I could count is all I have seen out in the wild. There was a noise outside my campsite as I was getting the trailer ready in the dark oh, so I could shabab first thing in the morning oh, but we never saw what it was.  Shoot, Dubai's bowl of food never even disappeared although I left it out every night for any needy animal. Where Dem animals be?




    Got my what do you call that thing on your car that sets the speed and keeps it?auto  something... anyway, I've got that thing set on 70. I don't even hardly know that the trailer is behind me because it's so light. And, this car does a great job Towing it. 

    Guess what's big and half open and plentiful all throughout Virginia? Taverns. Sorry, that's caverns.

     Please forgive me for the lack of punctuation or incorrect punctuation or completely the wrong word, as I am multitasking here.

     Listening to relaxation instrumental today, my breakfast music was the Cars. 

     Glory, is what I want so say, when I drive through endless Hills and the mountains and bridges in the bright shining sun.

     Random fact: Baptist hurches are red out here. They kind of look like a fire hot fireworks Outlet or a circus building. Well, I guess they're not far from either. I wonder exactly how many people dad Christian s have stop practicing in church ever since so many lost at sea denominations have backed the Cheeto heads unethical ways?

Deuter's "escape from gravity" is playing-I just want to hear Debussy afternoon of a fawn. Both selections are so full of imagery in thier sound. Then,  "Hallelujah" came on and I love that song so much; I wondered if there's a channel on Pandora or Spotify that just plays the different versions of Hallelujah. ( then I probably wouldn't want to hear it for the rest of my life though.)

     Okay it's noon, and it is 63 degrees. Just perfect.

     We reached Front Royal, the end of the Blue Ridge Parkway and beginning of the skyway at about 9:30 a.m.

     Well, I've been in the car for eight or nine hours today oh, and we've landed at Sugar Hollow Campsite in Bristol, Virginia. I ate a turkey burger in the car for dinner and Dubai got excited Again by somebody outside and knocked the Third Diet Coke over onto her passenger seat.   

     I forgot my towel that I brought with in  the dryer after my last shower yesterday, and we've been having so many spills that I finally went to Goodwill and bought ajunky towel just for the spills. I left my shampoo and soap in another shower so I had to use the new bar of Dove I bought to wash my hair. That was interesting; I don't quite think my hair knew what to do with it.

     









     Anyway, Dubai is already asleep and I'm going to follow suit. Good night.

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hitting the road....

Hooking up with the Husaks!