Onward to Mama Gertie's Hideaway Campground
10/27/21- this is the campground where I get "the view." It cost me $165 for one night. But once you see the views, oh, you'll know why I splurged and got it.
By the way, the campground I was in yesterday,Sleepy Hollow campground in Bristol, Virginia, is the kind of Campground I remember going to when I was a kid with my family: really woodsy, private sites, two deer sightings before morning, few Neighbors, and a good clean bathroom / shower. It was $20 cash a night. Like a campground should be!- not the 50 and $40 that I've been charged for every day, with the exception of a couple for 32 or $36. Through the woods, well after Dark, a camper moved in and Dubai was up and a detention at the window, growling to get them! Yes, I take her to the bathroom with me when it's pitch-black sometimes.
The GPS says 2 hours to Mama Gertie's, which means about 5. We'll see.
Well I'm here, and I am feeling a little bit perturbed; I had been so excited to take a photograph of Mama Gertie, imagining she was like a Rough Rider kind of woman- but she's dead and no one seems to know her story! What the hell?!
.
At the lovely sugar something or other Hollow last night- the campground that cost $20
The state of the camper is similar to that of the car.
It turns out there's not one campsite with a view but like 6 balconies hanging off the edge of the mountain. And everybody else has either gone somewhere or is inside there 900 foot trailer. I'm just sitting out here in the swing drinking Voodoo Ranger IPA, and Dubai is on her blanket in the shade besides me.
A guy in a golf cart with a long ponytail named James brought me two pitifully small bundles of wood for my fire tonight. Again, I am having apple chicken hot dogs. 🔥
- And
Comments
Post a Comment